Use this website to quickly find the most important information about Punta Cana International Airport: Flights (Departures, Arrivals), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Punta Cana airport. Plan your travel to Punta Cana Airport with the information provided in this site. Check Punta Cana Travel Guide at Bautrip for more information about Punta Cana.
Punta Cana International Airport (IATA: PUJ, ICAO: MDPC) is the main airport to travel to Dominican Republic and also to Punta Cana. Is located in the east of the country offering direct flights from over 28 countries and 96 cities around the world.
PUJ airport has a traditional Dominican architecture, with open-air terminals with their roofs covered in palm trees. Punta Cana’s airport is the busiest airport in Dominican Republic and the second one in the Caribbean.
Despite the small size of the airport, Punta Cana Airport has 5 terminals, two main terminals for international passenger:
- Terminal A: It was the main terminal for international passenger until completion of Terminal B.
- Terminal B: Completed in 2014 to hold larger aircraft like A380, it is also for international passenger travel.
And also three additional terminals:
FBO Terminal: For executive general aviation, national and international.
National Terminal: For national charters and general aviation.
VIP Terminal: It is a private terminal.
Punta Cana International Airport is the second busiest airport in the Caribbean, just after San Juan Airport in Puerto Rico.
Source of tourists: The busiest international routes are: Toronto, Paris, Atlanta, Miami, Panama City, Montreal, Charlotte, New York, Moscow and Newark.
Security and Immigration: To enter the Dominican Republic, a valid passport with two blank pages is required. When arriving at customs and immigration desks, you'll receive a 30-day tourist card paying a 10 USD fee.
A 20 USD departure tax is also applied in the cost of the airline ticket.
- There are more than 60 airlines operating from the airport
- It connects with more than 25 countries
- It became the first privately owned international airport in the world
- The airport is the busiest one in Dominican Republic
- Is the second busiest airport in the Caribbean
- It handled over 6 million passengers last year
- The airport has two main terminals and three additional terminals
- It’s planned to open a third main terminal
- It is a focus city for Gol Linhas Aereas
- The busiest international routes are Toronto, Paris and Atlanta
- A number of scheduled and charter airlines fly to the region
Punta Cana Airport is a private airport. In 2010, the airport began an ambitious expansion plan called PUJ Gateway and as a result of this is predicted that the airport raises the total number of passengers up to 10 million in 2020. Currently is the american airport with more daily connections with Rusia.
Address: Higuey-Punta Cana road Km. 45, 23000 Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
Telephone: +1 809-959-2376
Lost and Found (Security Management):
809-959-2376 Ext. 1712.
Customs Phone Number: 809-959-0074